Monday 26 November 2012

A journey of success for Stow College graduate




CASE STUDY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
26Th November 2012


A journey of success for Stow College graduate

A graduate from Pakistan says Scotland has become his second home thanks to the support and kindness of friends and staff at Stow College.

Muhammad Sufyan is one of more than 200 students who celebrated their graduation last week (Friday 23rd November 2012) at Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall.

The 26 year old received an HND in Computing Software Development and is now considering his next career, but the journey began with plenty of challenges.

Muhammad said: “When I first came to the UK I was so depressed because I was away from my family and friends. It was a completely different environment for me. The education system, the culture, the bad weather was even new for me!

“Thankfully, with the passage of time I met new people and made new friends. That gave me the courage not to lose my mind and be positive. My teachers and my fellow students also did everything they could to make me feel like I wasn’t in a foreign country. They have been so nice to me and that welcome is what has really helped me to appreciate my experience here.”

Muhammad is now looking to take his first step on the career ladder in Scotland with long-term plans to move back to Pakistan.

“On this special day I wish my parents were here to see me graduate, but thankfully my cousin, who has supported me throughout my journey, is in Scotland so I’m not alone on this proud day. Thank you to Stow College for making me so welcome and helping me to make the most of my rewarding time studying.”

-ENDS-



Image 1: Muhammad Sufyan

For more information, contact: Brian O’Neill, Halogen Communications, (T) 0131 202 0120 (F) 0131 225 3757 (E) brian@halogencom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment