Monday 26 November 2012

The Stow College graduate building a music empire




CASE STUDY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
26Th November 2012


The Stow College graduate building a music empire


Despite only being 20 years old, Mathew Sadowski has big ambitions.

The student, who has just graduated from Stow College with an HND in Music Business, is already steering a band towards global success.

Matthew said: “After completing my first year of studies at Stow College I took up a managerial role for a brand new Scottish band called ‘Holy Esque’. This led me to putting to use a lot of the knowledge I had already gathered. Within just five months, we were making our first trip to London for two shows and it completely took off from there.”

Hailing from East Kilbride, Matthew found himself jetting around Europe with Holy Esque booked to play at scores of gigs, including Tallinn Music Week in Estonia.

 “I met a lot of interesting and influential people and absorbed so much. The end of my second year became a mad rush against time to finish course work but I managed to overcome it and received a grade I’m really happy with.”

Stow College’s Creative Industries department has developed an international reputation with teaching staff who have witnessed the music and media industries first-hand. The college has its own record label, Electric Honey, which is run by students and helped launch the careers of a number of big name acts including Belle & Sebastian and Biffy Clyro.

Matthew now plans to continue managing Holy Esque and is confident about his future.

“The band is about to go on a UK and EU 15 date tour supporting The Ravonettes, which I’m delighted about. Holy Esque is also the first Scottish band so far this year to be confirmed in the line-up for 2013’s South by SouthWest Music Festival in the USA. Things are looking pretty good for both me and the band and I’d like to thank Stow College for helping me to get where I am today.”
 
-ENDS-




Image 1: Matthew Sadowski  
Image 2: Holy Esque

For more information, contact: Brian O’Neill, Halogen Communications, (T) 0131 202 0120 (F) 0131 225 3757 (E) brian@halogencom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment